- the advantages of stretching,weightlifting and cardiovascular all in one exercise
- overall conditioning via more toned shoulders, trunk, butt upper and lower body
- increased abdominal and hip stability
- works on large numbers of muscle groups and helps to retain whole body fitness
- increases metabolism by pushing the body toward physical exertion
Although there are many variations on the push-up, the basic principal remains the same: Engage your upper back, shoulders, and arms to lift your body weight off the floor, then slowly lower it back down. While that sounds simple, experts say there’s plenty of room for mistakes.
“The biggest mistake people make when doing a push-up is to try and take some of the stress off their arms by using other muscle groups to help lift their body, so they don’t get the full benefits,” says Todd Schlifstein, DO, a rehabilitation physician at the Langone Medical Center’s Rusk Institute at New York University and assistant professor at the NYU School of Medicine.
Be sure you are doing them correctly!
Take the challenging and start doing them today!!!!!!!!!!